The banking sector faces a moment of reckoning. Bitcoin is legal tender in El Salvador and accepted at outlets from Home Depot to Starbucks. Traditional banks face growing competition from specialists, digital challengers and non-bank brands. Branches are a thing of the past.
For banking management, this is much more than just a shift in market dynamics. The digitization forces currently at work threaten the very foundations of our finance and economy, creating the need for new modes of banking innovation, monetary policy and financial inclusion.
This changing fintech innovation landscape brings new challenges but also offers vast opportunities for corporations and leaders that can stay ahead of developments and adapt to the emerging future of banking.
And you can find out how to be one of those leaders at Reuters Events’ Future of Money 2021 webinar series and virtual conference, on December 8 and 9.
All you need to know about the launch of Reuters Events: Future of Money 2021
Building on Reuters’ world-leading expertise in delivering fintech news and opinion, Future of Money 2021 will bring together the world’s most innovative thinkers in finance, fintech, payments innovation and banking technology across five major themes:
- Responsibility and sustainability: Ethical banking is on the rise and traditional banking corporations are being urged to embrace evermore stringent environmental, sustainability and governance codes. Join us to find out how to make banking more responsible and sustainable.
- Cryptocurrencies and digital cash: The transition to smart money is creating a host of exciting opportunities—and leading to new areas of risk. At Future of Money 2021, we will look at the outlook for central bank digital currency and ways of managing cyber threats.
- Customer relations in digital finance: Retail and investment banking have always benefited from the human touch. So how do you keep up as your customers move to digital platforms? At Future of Money 2021, we will bring you the latest thinking on digital-first customer strategies.
- Evolving regulation: One of the biggest challenges facing the banking sector today is the way technology development is outpacing regulation. For banking leaders, this poses a challenge: how can you evolve while avoiding regulatory uncertainty? Find out at Future of Money 2021.
- Emerging technology trends: If you’re not embracing blockchain and artificial intelligence then you could be falling dangerously behind in the race to provide b in the future. Discover the best ways to embrace these technologies at Future of Money 2021.
As well as the conference itself, Reuters Events: Future of Money 2021 will feature a unique webinar series covering banking transformation, payments, technology and digital assets.
Hear from the brightest brains in banking
Future of Money 2021 will bring together the banking sector’s most innovative thinkers, including Bunq CEO Ali Niknam, Riskbank head of policy and analysis Gabriela Guibourg, Brex CEO Henrique Dubugras, JP Morgan head of fintech Jeremy Balkin and US Bank vice chair Tim Welsh.
Join more than 3,000 attendees discovering the future of finance by registering now, for free, at reutersevents.com/events/money/