Since its inception, horse racing has been around for ages and adored by many, including royalty. And while horse racing is age-old, there has been much debate about whether horse racing is still a viable sport.
But while some people may see it as outdated, we believe horse racing is the perfect sport for business people. If you need some convincing, keep reading as we discuss why horse racing is the perfect sport for business people.
Horse Racing Is Still About Strategy
Everyone familiar with horse racing knows that success with the sport depends on making smart decisions. This includes everything from picking the right jockey and horse, reading online expert reviews like Sandown racecourse overview, and placing the right bets.
Making smart decisions is not only needed in horse racing but also a skill necessary for business; like with business, it is important that you know how to weigh different options and make choices based on logic and analysis. There are many types of horse race betting strategies that you can invest in, including the following:
- The Dutch betting strategy: With this strategy, you need to bet on more than one possible outcome of the same race instead of just supporting one outcome. This is a common horse race betting strategy.
- The 80/20 strategy: With this strategy, you are required to bet 20% on the horse you think will win the race and 80% on the same horse to finish with a place bet.
- The place laying system: With this strategy, you need to lay two horses with low odds in a similar race, and you need to choose a race between five and seven contenders because you ideally want the race to pay for the first and second place in each way market.
- The Yankee strategy: In this strategy, you need to choose four horses in many different races. With this strategy, at least two of the four horses that you have chosen need to win or get placed in the race.
- The exacta strategy: With this strategy, you place a wager on two horses that you think will finish the race in first or second place.
There’s a Lot of Money To Be Made in Horse Racing
It’s no secret that there is a lot of money to be made in horse racing. Horse racing has been around for centuries and shows no signs of slowing down. There are plenty of opportunities for businesses to get involved in horse racing, whether through sponsorships, advertising, or owning a racehorse.
With so much money at stake, it is no surprise that horse racing attracts some of the most successful business men and women in the world. Horse racing bets have much better odds than any other sport, and the odds vary depending on the race event that is taking place.
If you want to stand a chance at winning large sums of money, you should bet on bets such as Quinella, Quandrella, and Superfecta bets. You can also hunt for big wins in large horse racing events like the Kentucky Derby and Belmont Stakes. An example of the biggest betting pay-outs includes JP McMaus’s $1.3 million pay-out and Darren Yeats’s $830 000 win.
It’s a Great Way To Network
Lastly, business people often use horse racing events as an opportunity to network and meet like-minded people and build relationships. These important connections can help in many ways, including finding new clients, business partners, and investors.
Horse racing has been around and loved for centuries with no signs of dying down any time soon. If you have ever wondered how horse racing and business can correlate, this article has proved just that. Just like a business, horse racing is all about strategy, there’s a lot of money to be made from it, and it is a great way to network.