Are you moving soon? If so, you’ll need to hire a moving company. Unfortunately, many different moving companies are out there, so it can be difficult to decide which one is right for you. This blog post will discuss everything you need to know about moving services. We’ll talk about the different types of moves, what to look for when hiring a company, and how to prepare for your move. By the end of this post, you’ll be ready to choose the perfect moving company for your needs!
What are moving services?
Moving services are companies that help you move from one place to another. They may provide packing, unpacking, loading, and unloading services and storage options if necessary. Sometimes they’ll even transport your belongings across state lines or between countries on international moves. Merced movers are a great example of a moving company that offers these services.
Before choosing a company, it’s important to understand the different types of moves and how they are priced. There are five main types of moves: local, long-distance, interstate, cross-country moves; international relocations; military transfers; and storage options for rent or purchase.
- Local Moves – This type is within 100 miles from your current location.
- Long Distance Moves – These include moving over 500 miles away from where you live now.
- Interstate/Cross Country Relocations – If you’re moving across state lines or out of the country altogether, this would be considered an interstate relocation (because more than one state is involved). It can also involve crossing into another country entirely!
- Military Transfers – A military transfer is a move ordered by the military.
- Storage – This can refer to either short-term or long-term storage, and it usually refers to storing your belongings while you’re in between homes (for example, if you’re moving out of state but won’t be able to take everything with you right away).
Now that you know about the different types of moves let’s talk about what to look for when hiring a moving company. There are some key things you’ll want to keep in mind:
- Price – Obviously, price is an important factor when choosing a moving company. Make sure you get quotes from several companies before making a decision.
- Services Included – Some companies include certain services in their price quote, while others do not. Make sure you know what is and isn’t included in the price.
- Packing Services – If you want the company to pack your belongings for you, be sure to ask about this before signing any contracts. Some companies charge extra for packing services, while others include it in their price quote.
- Storage – If you need storage for your belongings, make sure the company offers this service and inquire about prices and availability.
- Timeline – How long will the move take? When do you need to have your belongings delivered? Make sure you get an estimate from the company to know what to expect.
Now that we’ve talked about what to look for when hiring a moving company let’s discuss how to prepare for your move. This includes packing your belongings, getting rid of unwanted items, and making transportation arrangements.
- Packing – One of the most important aspects of moving is packing your belongings properly. Make sure you start packing well in advance, so you have plenty of time to do it correctly. You’ll want to pack everything tightly and use sturdy boxes.
- Unwanted Items – Before you move, be sure to get rid of any items you don’t need anymore. This will save you both time and money during the move.
- Transportation – If you’re driving yourself to your new home, make sure you map out the route ahead of time. If you’re hiring a moving company, be sure to schedule the pick-up and delivery times.