We quite understand the aim and the motive behind the move by the UKGC to introduce the new social responsibility code through an online self-exclusion scheme that will run nationwide. We similarly have an idea as to those to be directly affected by the process. If you do not know, this scheme will directly affect brand new non-GamStop casino sites available in the United Kingdom.
We likewise know those at the receiving end of this novel and noble initiative. One again, just so you know, the social responsibility code will help protect the general public (online casino citizens) from the deep laying dangers of irresponsible gambling.
We furthermore have good knowledge of the regulations set in place to ensure this fresh move is enforced and the punishment in place for errant online casinos. But the bad news is that we are left to unravel how this nationwide online self-exclusion scheme works.
On the flip side, the good news is that this text will properly expose the rudiments to activating the Gamstop system. This article will provide you with an in-depth guide for you to get familiar with the workings of the Gamstop self-exclusion scheme.
Customer Registration Process
Although you are allowed access to specific parts of the Gamstop site when you have not registered, if you want to be eligible to operate GAMSTOP for your self-exclusion, you will have to properly register for the self-exclusion service. To register as a customer for Gamstop successfully, it is crucial for you to provide them with certain required personal details. These details verify your identity and they are:
- Your full name and title if applicable;
- Your date of birth;
- Your mobile number;
- Your main email address, and any additional email addresses which you would prefer to be part of your self-exclusion; then finally
- Your residential address (containing your postcode), plus any other addresses which you would want to be part of your self-exclusion.
Following this, you will be required to choose the least time duration you want your self-exclusion to hold for (this will be your Minimum Exclusion Period). The picks available to you are:
- 6 months;
- 1 year; and
- 5 years.
In only a few minutes, you would have completely signed up to be a part of the Gamstop self-exclusion scheme. Nonetheless, you might have to wait for up to 24 hours to have your self-exclusion registration reflect as active. The rate at which your self-exclusion registration takes the impact on operators’ sites and mobile apps will also be conditional on the effective performance of the systems of the gambling operators. In such cases, Gamstop cannot be held accountable.
After you have submitted the data detailed above, you will be expected to answer back to a few extra questions to aid them in verifying your identity, with the aid of a third-party verification system. The third-party verification service is presently done using the Trans Union provider. Please note that this choice is liable to be changed later on. Gamstop may decide to adopt a new third party verification service provider later.
It is worthy of note as well that no one has the permission to sign up to GAMSTOP on behalf of another person. This is to ensure that the checks are done and proper documentation is made. All you can do is to assist someone else with the registration process.
After you must have successfully finished the registration and verification process, you will be allowed the opportunity to go through the information you have provided, to ascertain the details you provided. After this review, you finalize your registration.
Check Of GamStop User During Registration At Casino
Operators on the other hand are to do the following when you as a user registers to gamble:
- The user inputs registration details freshly if not yet registered. If the user is already registered, the user only inputs existing login details.
- The operator then, at least, conducts a check of the locally compiled CHOOSE data or runs extra checks for matching accounts.
- If a linked or similar record is discovered, the user will not be granted access.
- If no link or similar record is discovered, then the user will be permitted to gamble.
After these have been done, the operator will only have to search the scheme system for that customer again after the self-exclusion expiration date has passed as the operator’s system will prevent the account from being usable.
Marketing Lists Filtering
This is another aspect of the Gamstop self-exclusion scheming process. In order to enable operators to filter their marketing lists the procedures to be followed have been listed out below:
- The operator integrates GamStop API creates a marketing list in the frame of a preset data setup.
- This marketing list is then uploaded to the Gamstop scheme
- The Gamstop scheme verifies and validates the request
- A search is conducted on the database for records that are either linked or matching.
- The database is reckoned and the self-exclusion records are reconciled with the data.
- The operator will receive a notification of the modified file and will be granted access to the system to download the modified database. This might not come immediately due to the expected ton.