Moving is often the most stressful event in a person’s life. Whether you are moving across town or to another country, there are always unforeseen problems that arise. However, a good mover will anticipate these problems and prepare for them ahead of time. This blog post will discuss all about movers: what they do, how they make your move smoother, and why you should hire one.
Who are the movers?
Movers are people who work for moving companies. Their job is to pack up your belongings, and unload it there at your new or desired place. The Phoenix movers are the ones that will come to your house, pack up all of the belongings that you want them to move for you and load them onto a truck.
What do movers do?
Movers pack up your belongings, load them onto a truck, drive the truck to your new home and unload it there.
How do movers make one’s move smoother?
A good mover will be able to anticipate any kind of moving problems and prepare for them ahead of time. A professional moving company should take care of all aspects of the move so that you don’t have to worry about anything except what’s inside each box.
They can also help coordinate with whoever is helping on their end (primarily family or friends). Make sure that whomever you use has experience in long-distance moves, as local moves are very different from this type.
Why should you hire one?
Hiring a mover saves valuable time during an already hectic time. You don’t have to worry about renting a truck, packing up your belongings, or driving the U-Haul (or whatever vehicle you use).
They will probably charge by the weight of items, and not volume like most moving companies do. Beware that movers cannot transport guns or explosives, no matter how small.
What are the basic services provided by a mover?
– Moving day labour services
– Loading and unloading vans, trucks or storage containers
– Packing for moving (full service) & unpacking on the other end.
What are some things to consider when hiring a mover?
- Not all movers are licensed and insured. Make sure they provide proof of these items before hiring them!
- Not all movers are insured for your items. Make sure they provide proof of insurance coverage before hiring them!
- Ask friends and family for recommendations.
- Read reviews from Yelp, Google and the BBB.
- Make sure they have a physical address and not just a PO box.
What can one do ahead of time?
– Label each room with an “X” on the floor where you want boxes placed in each room (elevators may get stuck if there are no markings). If possible, pack up items in each room ahead of time.
– Make sure you have your keys to the new place before moving day.
– Take photos of each room and make a list.
What should you do on moving day?
Make sure to have your ID, driver’s license as well as credit card used for payment! If possible, schedule movers when someone is home at both locations. Keep in mind that they cannot move anything illegal or hazardous (guns, explosives). Make sure all pets are taken care of along with any children who may be present.
Movers are there for your convenience. They are meant to be able to move your items from one place to another with relative ease. However, moving large and heavy objects can take its toll on the movers if you don’t consider their comfort. One way to do this is by using moving straps. These are typically cotton or nylon strips that can be wrapped around the item for you to carry it with ease, without worrying about injuring yourself when lifting heavy objects.