Face-to-face communication is essential for an effective boss-employee relationship, client and customer relationship, and better teamwork. Video conferencing is the best solution to be connected with your employees when in-person communication is not possible.
The principal advantage of video conferencing is to save time, face-to-face communication without requiring traveling, and promote collaboration among team members and employees.
Free Video Conferencing
Many free video conferencing software allows two or more people to conduct a person-to-person online meeting. Here is a list of the five best software for free video conferencing:
Zoom is ideal for educational purposes and for anyone who works remotely. It allows to quickly create and share a private meeting with the members and connect remote team members through video. Members can also share their screens with others, record a Zoom meeting and share them later.
- Host up to 100 participants
- 1-1 and group meetings
- Unlimited meetings
- HD video and audio
- Screen sharing
- Scheduled meetings
- Private and group chat
- Host controls
Jitsi is a collection of free and open-source multiplatform voice, video conferencing, and instant messaging features. It is an application for Windows, Linux, iOS, Mac OS and Android.
- Auto-view the active speaker or click on any attendee to see their video.
- It is used on Android and iOS apps.
- Text chatting (web only)
- Lock a room with a password.
- Screen sharing (if jidesha is set up, only required in Chrome)
- Streaming a conference to YouTube live (if Jibri is configured)
Jitsi can have up to 100 participants, but going above 30-45 people is not advisable. The video quality starts deteriorating. Unlike zoom, Jitsi does not support video effects and enhancements.
TrueConf is designed mainly for conferences displayed on large screens in a meeting room. This software enables participants to join a meeting by scanning a QR code or following a link from their PCs and tablets. It is easy to set up and control.
- Up to 12 participants in a meeting
- 4K video conferencing and scalable SVC architecture
- Cross-platform native apps for all major platforms
- One guest connection for a public conference
- 100% on-premises video conferencing software for windows and Linux
Video conferencing with CISCO helps stay connected with employees and team members and is also used for online training seminars.
- Meeting with over 100 participants
- Free video call and web sharing
- HD video
- Personal Room
Some people experience audio issues by not connecting via Webex platforms.
The free version of Skype works better for small teams and conducting small meetings from a mobile, tablet, or computer.
- Up to 10 people on video calls
- Screen sharing
- Video call recording
- Location Sharing
- Interactive video chats
When choosing between free conferencing software, keep in mind the number of participants and the quality of video streaming screen sharing option for a more interactive recording to review the meeting later. Video conferencing has become an integral part of today’s digital era.